Events & News
Brian's Fall, 2010 Appearances:
The Blog Tour: with stops at
- The Hate-Mongering Tart (interview);
- The Fiction Enthusiast (review) | (guest post);
- Potter, Percy and I (review) | (interview);
- There's a Book (review) | (guest post);
- Books by Their Story (review) | (interview);
- Bookworming in the 21st Century (review) | (interview).
Excerpts here or click through above for the full articles.
- October 7-10
- Featured speaker, Southern Book Festival,
- October 15-17
- Featured speaker, Texas Book Festival,
- November 14
- Publication party, BookPeople,
Alien Invasion and Other Inconveniences, a YA novel, came out from Candlewick Press on October 12, 2010.
Two adult stories were accepted for publication in 2009:
"A.D." —Literal Latte
"The Hostage" —Palo Alto Review
Wonders of the World came out from Flux in June 2007.
This book was a finalist for Best YA novel of 2007, Texas Institute of Letters.
My Road Trip to the Pretty Girl Capital of the World won Best YA Novel of 2003 Award given by The Texas Institute of Letters.
My Road Trip to the Pretty Girl Capital of the World was a finalist for the Teddy Award.
The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books favorite quote for December, 2003 came from My Road Trip to the Pretty Girl Capital of the World:
“I thought he was probably crazy. Still sane people had made the world what it was today. That was kind of a sobering thought."